Travelers' diarrhea treatment.
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Receive same day treatment with an effective medication regimen. Common Rxs include:
What causes travelers' diarrhea?
- Bacterial (90%), viral or parasitic infections
- E. Coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Campylobacter
- Rotavirus, Norovirus
- Giardia Lamblia and others
How can you prevent travelers' diarrhea?
- Eating only food that has been thoroughly cooked and served hot and fruit that you peel before eating
- Drinking only bottled beverages and pasteurized dairy products
- Avoid using ice in your beverages
- Despite taking all precautions, you may still develop diarrhea
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you can be safely prescribed an antibiotic
- Should not be taken unless symptoms interfere with planned activities.
- If you already have fever, bloody diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain, you should be examined in person
- This is only one part of pre-travel preparation. You may need vaccinations or other preventative medications
- See your primary doctor or visit the CDC website to find a travel specialist near you
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost, high quality, and patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team strives to establish new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice