Naloxone (Narcan) is a very effective antidote for opiate overdoses and it's widespread availability is recommended by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Naloxone can stop or reverse an opiate overdose and save a person's life. With a prescription, most insurers may cover the cost of naloxone nasal spray.
Naloxone intranasal treatment
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- The cost of Naloxone is greatly reduced with a prescription when using insurance
- Naloxone intranasal is recommended by the US Department of Health
- This medication is an immediate opiate reversal agent that should be used in an opiate overdose situation
Who should immediately receive naloxone intranasal?
- People showing signs of opiate overdose
- Possible users of any opiate medications or drugs such as morphine, hydromorphone (Dilaudid®), oxycodone (Percocet®), hydrocodone (Vicodin®), methadone, fentanyl, and heroin who become less responsive or are suspected to have overdosed
- Even if the rescuer is unsure whether the unresponsive patient has taken opiates, intranasal Naloxone is recommended since a delay may lead to severe injury or death
- 911 should be called immediately for any person with suspected overdose
- Start CPR if needed
Features of an opiate overdose:
- Severe drowsiness or unresponsiveness
- Small pupils
- Bluish discoloration of the lips
- Shallow, slow or absent breathing
- Clues such as needles close by, track marks on skin, or empty bottles of opiate pills nearby
- Prior known history of opiate use, abuse or overdose
What can I expect if I have used naloxone ?
- The person may regain consciousness and begin breathing faster
- The person may awaken feeling sick, nauseous, sweaty or agitated
- The effects of Naloxone are TEMPORARY, so call 911 immediately to have EMS transport the person to the hospital
- This medication WILL NOT be harmful or provide any helpful effect If the person did not overdose on an opiate
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit to request this prescription
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost, high quality, and patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team strives to establish new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice